This is an application for a $10,000 stipend. It is available to UTA MSW students in the MH/SA specialization to help with expenses during field placement. The primary aim of this program is to train you to work with substance use disorders, with emphasis on opioid use disorders. We plan to award up to 14 stipends to students each Spring and each Fall (now though 2022). *This project is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number T98HP33478, Opioid Workforce Expansion Program-Professional.
To qualify for this stipend/training, you must have an interest in working with opioid use disorders, and....
- be a MSW student in the UTA School of Social Work, applying for your Advanced field placement;
- your concentration must be Mental Health/Substance Abuse (MH/SA);
- complete a split (2 semester) placement and log 250 hours each semester;
- have some flexibility with your schedule to be able to intern the hours most conducive to agency schedules to work with SUD;
- sign up for a special training course as an UTA elective : SOCW 5392 which is offered Monday afternoons;
- attend an all-day UTA Substance Use Symposium, occurring during the Spring semester;
- participate in at least 2 Inter-professional trainings / events;
- able to intern at a location selected for you and work the hours the placement requires.
If you have questions about this application, please email email@example.com.
Based on these criteria, do you qualify for this stipend?